Sikorsky Bridge Replacement Project
Estimated Completion Date: October 2006
General Project Information:
- project involves the complete replacement of the existing bridge
- the construction of a new bicycle/pedestrian lane separated from
traffic and connecting to Route 110
- replacement of the existing steel grid surface with concrete and
- full shoulder capacity to provide refuge for breakdowns and minor
- a third operational lane in each direction
- new section of the bridge was opened to bi-directional traffic
on November 24, 2003.
For specific lane closures and/or impacts due to construction activities,
Many road projects are weather sensitive; lane closures and
other traffic restrictions may be changed or cancelled, without
notice, in the event of inclement weather.