|Many employees believe that driving alone to work provides freedom and convenience. Employees who switch to carpooling, vanpooling, train, bus, compressed work weeks and telecommuting will enjoy a number of built in benefits, such as:
- Sharing the ride means sharing the cost.
- Passengers can use commute time productively - reading, writing, or just relaxing.
- A predictable commute time.
- Reduced stress of driving.
- Reduced wear and tear on personal vehicle.
- Companionship of fellow commuters.
- Preferred parking at designated employer lots.
- Toll savings at designated tri-state area bridges.
- Helping reduce pollution
Adding extra incentives could increase participation in your program. These incentives may include:
Employee Recognition - from a pat on the back from the CEO at an annual awards luncheon to a "Commuter of the Month" posting on the bulletin board
Time Off With Pay - the opportunity to earn time off with pay after using a commute option for a specified time
Contests and Prize Drawings for participating employees
Recruitment Rewards to encourage existing participants to recruit new ones
Tax free benefits for vanpools and transit - tax free up to a certain monthly amount as determined by the I.R.S.
Birthdays Off when you carpool, vanpool, bike, walk or use transit
Commuter Club Membership - discounts on cafeteria meals, T-shirts, mugs, and other low-cost Items
Reduced cost on site sale of bus tokens
MetroPool will design the incentives that are right for your employees and your budget.